FACTS:
Publisher: EA Developer: Visceral Games
Genre(s): Survival Horror
Players: 1 (8-online multiplayer)
ESRB Rating: M (Mature)
Release Date: January 25, 2011
Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC
Genre(s): Survival Horror
Players: 1 (8-online multiplayer)
ESRB Rating: M (Mature)
Release Date: January 25, 2011
Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC
GAME SUMMARY:
Hero Isaac Clarke returns for another heart-pounding adventure, taking the fight to the Necromorphs in this thrilling action-horror experience. New tools to gruesomely slice and dismember the Necromorphs complement Isaac’s signature Plasma Cutter, empowering him as he meets new characters, explores epic Zero-G environments, and fights against a relentless necromorph onslaught. Survival isn’t the only thing on Isaac’s mind in Dead Space 2 – this time, he calls the shots. [Electronic Arts]
What do you guys think of this long anticipated sci-fi horror game from Visceral? Was it worth the wait? Did it do justice to the franchise? Tell us below now!
What do you guys think of this long anticipated sci-fi horror game from Visceral? Was it worth the wait? Did it do justice to the franchise? Tell us below now!

It’s an amazing experience.However, if you haven’t played the first one, and are not planning to I wouldn’t bother.If you HAVE played the first one or PLANNING to play it this can’t be missed.If you are not a die hard survival horror fan and not planning on multiple runs (3+) then this is definitely a rental.Haven’t tried multiplayer yet but I plan to, as well as get all dlc.I am jealous of people who pick this up without playing the first installment, that would be awesome to piece together the story then go back and see what happened.
As a disclaimer, currently I have reached Chapter 7 in single player.
I think fans of the original Dead Space will find lots to enjoy here (especially if you own it on the PS3). There is a lot of content with this game. I preordered it and got Dead Space Ignition free (PSN $5) and its packed in with Dead Space Extraction (PSN $15) for those of you wanting something to do with you Move controllers. The game is more of the same but is less about backtracking through a space ship, and more about venturing through a space city. The necromorphs a bit more diverse in type and appearance (at least in what they wear) and a new enemy (Stalker) is one of the most intelligent video game enemies i have ever seen (think Velociraptors in the first Jurassic Park). Story line is good and tweats have been made to most aspects of the game (i.e. stomping is faster, free floating Zero-G, less errand boy missions). I have reached level 5 in multiplayer which is splitly based on a human team achieving an objective and a necromorph team trying to stop them. I dont think the multiplayer has legs since it consists of only one match type.
If you own a 360, this is a buy…if you own a PS3, its a definate buy.