The Latest

Two new videos have surfaced today purporting to show off the PSP Phone in action. The device appears nearly identical to the photos posted by Engadget in late October. From the videos we see that the model number of the device is currently listed as ‘Zeus’ and is running the Android ‘Gingerbread’ 2.3 OS.

In a thoroughly riveting (yeah, right) two-minute tour of the device, we get a close-up look of the casing, the touchscreen in action, various menus, and the slide-out PSP controls. There’s also a second video specifically showing off the PSP app, thought sadly there is no content loaded on the device so the PlayStation part of the demo pretty much stops there. Also seen but not used is the touchpad that appears to be replacing the much-maligned single analog nub of the current PSP devices.

Check out the videos and then break-dance your way to the comments section to let us know what you think. Do these vids change your level of excitement for the PSP Phone? Is Sony going to knock this one out of the park? Or is it too little too late to catch Apple and Nintendo?




via AppleInsider

Posted by Lance

7 Comments

  1. DEAR GOD! What have they done?

     
  2. MaxLeonhart Says:
  3. I’m only excited for this if it is a fully capable PSP (supporting every PSP game) with the ability to make phonecalls on top of that and not the other way around… Like, say, an android phone that supports only a part of PSP library – that doesn’t interest me at all.

     
  4. K_factor93 Says:
  5. looks pretty cool to be honest K-factor93Quote

     
  6. Stryked Says:
  7. As long as I can get this for just the psp and not include the phone capabilities for less money than if I did, I’ll buy it. Maybe when the two year contract I’m already sucked into is up will I consider using the “psp phone” as the said phone.

     
  8. Neeqs Says:
  9. I could care less about handhelds as well as smart phones so this doesn’t trip my trigger.

    I wonder how many “leaked” pics and videos are actually orchestrated by the companies themselves since they’re so common. It seems more interesting to people if they think they aren’t supposed to be seeing something yet. And then the official release comes and once again people are all excited to hear more in depth info. And apparently companies are pretty careless about who they give access to their devices to. Nor do they seem to care about disciplining them. I mean…we’re all here looking at an article about the PSP Phone which is surely on every major gaming publication with people speculating…game companies probably realized a long time ago that’s not a bad thing.

     
  10. Wace Says:
  11. OMG, Sony, please, NO!!!!

    I’m still holding the fort with strict no-cellphones-ever policy, and now I feel myself obliged to get one just because of slight possibility some games to be to cool to overlook?

    I really hope that it will work as a gaming platform without simcard.

     
  12. Koospetoors Says:
  13. AWESOME! now i can text and get a BJ while playing crash Bandicoot

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets