The Latest




When it comes to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, PC gamers have proven that they are truly first to fight…on the Operation Hastings map, that is. The BFBC2: Vietnam PC community completed the necessary 69 million team actions, unlocking the map for all PC gamers. Xbox 360 owners are about halfway to the required number of team actions, while PS3 players are nearing the 30 million mark.
In order to earn team actions, players must assist other team members, healing and reviving them, setting them up with ammunition, or spotting enemies. So, the challenge is on for second place, so get those team actions, console gamers!

via Joystiq

Posted by Anonymous

13 Comments

  1. liyad Says:
  2. Oh yeah! PC ftw! Awesome expansion by the way.

     
  3. Qwerty Says:
  4. Loving this game, managed to pick it up for £3.74 on Xmas day from the EA store. One of the best DLC/expansions I’ve ever played.

    FPS’s are meant to be played on PC – FACT!

     
  5. Valthyr Says:
  6. “PC gamers have proven that they are truly first to fight…on the Operation Hastings map, that is.”

    OMaiGawd!!!! Suppahh SurprizZzed!

    PC got the Vietnam DLC a couple days early. And XBL got it a day earlier than PSN. Now, guess how the stats are holding up.

    Anyways, still nice to see some free stuff the community has to unlock by actually playing the game

    Edit:
    Ahh, noticed the above comments after posting mine. Seems PC fanboys are gathering -__-.

     
  7. Qwerty Says:
  8. How does my above comment make me a PC fanboy? I also have a PS3 and use it for other types of games (3rd person, sports, racing games). The fact is FPS’s are better played with keyboard & mouse on PC and when I have the choice I always go PC for shooters. You are clearly the ‘fanboy’ around here.

     
  9. Valthyr Says:
  10. How is it a fact that FPS’play better on PC… And how does that not make you a fanboy? For example. I detest the keyboard.

    And thank you for pointing out I’m clearly the fanboy. Altough I’m still wondering what I’m promoting and all?

     
  11. Col Henicide Says:
  12. well man if you wanted a diagram to show as proof that pc gamers without a doubt work as a team (learnt from my experience with consolers compared to my pc experience) if you didnt know or needed proof the page showing the charts is all you need.
    PC gaming may age but will never DIE!

     
  13. Col Henicide Says:
  14. Valthyr just because you hate the mouse dont mean you totally right, the point is mouse is better because its your reactions are faster man its why I am getting move for Killzone 3 people comparing it to the mouse in how it feels. Controllers are great but mouse is more comfortable for me and you get better speed because your whole wrist and arm sometimes in movement.

     
  15. Also I have a PS3 and use it for other games (the third person, sports, racing games). The fact is that the FPS is best played with keyboard and mouse on the PC and when I have an option to always go for PC shooters. You are obviously “fanboy” here.

     
  16. Valthyr Says:
  17. Oh jesus…. Being hated because I don’t agree with self pronounced ‘facts’.

    I AGREE with the fact the MOUSE AIMS better than a thumbstick. I never said I hated the mouse, I detest the keyboard. I can see the logic in preferring a mouse over a thumbstick. But personally I PREFER a controller for FPS games. Since I have all the buttons within my hands. With a keyboard I have too many keys under my hands which tend to lead me to push the wrong buttons.

    And only because a mouse aims better than a thumbstick doesn’t make it a complete fact FPS games are meant to be for PC and PC only.

    OK, I’m not an idiot or anything. And I do play games on my PC. Yes, even FPS games! But just screaming stuff like “PC ftw” and to call it a fact that FPS is mean to be played on PC…
    Yeah, it’s totally me who is being dull. /sarcasm.

    And as seen the reactions here, I guess I was right about the fanboy part.

    And to be EVEN clearer. I am NOT hating on PC gaming. In my first comment I wasn’t surprised to see PC gaming unlocked the new map first. As I said, they got the DLC like 3 days early.

     
  18. Blackie Chan Says:
  19. What you also failed to mention was the fact that they did NOT start counting the team actions UNTIl both the 360 and the PS3 were able to play the expansion as well, so everyone all started out at the same time.

     
  20. Zolotan Says:
  21. please stop claiming “[gametype] is better on PC” as fact
    this isn’t /v/

     
  22. Reza Says:
  23. WOHO

    go PC gamers!!!

     
  24. ScoobyDope Says:
  25. As someone who has started playing pc games and console games at right about the same time (Playstation/Nintendo 64/Win 98), playing FPS games on the PC seemed easier to get use to than playing just on consoles. I was aiming better at a faster pace, and I can leave and always come back w/ a good enough arm. On consoles, It takes me a while to get a good enough aim. It isn’t that the PC is better, it’s that it was the easiest to actually get a good aim. Now, enough w/ this off topic bull****, it’s starting to feel like a soap opera w/ the crying and the pain of embarrassment.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets