The Latest

Say Whaat! and this has nothing to do with my huge boobs of course.



Fans of Namco’s Soul Calibur franchise were treated to an extra special Christmas gift as Daishi Odashima, a designer on Soul Calibur IV, started up a Twitter account on Christmas day to offer up the following:


“SC is back! Get ready, fans!”

The tweet was accompanied by a twitpic of Odashima hard at work (or hardly working) along with a drawing of the famous Soul Calibur sword.

That’s all we know at the moment, but of course, we’ll keep you posted as new details on the latest iteration of the Soul Calibur franchise emerge!
via Joystiq

Posted by Lance

18 Comments

  1. Soul Calibur is one of my favorite franchises and I’m looking forward to the next installment but I’m also trepidatious about what they’ll be adding. Though the fighting mechanics are always stellar, in some ways each iteration strays farther from the original game’s tone and edges into camp.

    I think there’s still plenty of room for new content and some innovation but ridiculously inappropriate guest characters do not improve the experience for the core audience. I’ve spent a considerable amount of time with each of the SC games and while I’ve enjoyed them all I’ve begun to feel like I’m not really playing SC anymore but a parody of it.

     
  2. Sol Says:
  3. Good news for SC fans. Personally i’m not really that in to SC, i much prefer Tekken or VF, but hey it’s always nice with some variety.

     
  4. same here, i would rather see tekken 7 (not TAG) instead

     
  5. lollerface Says:
  6. I’m stoked for both TTT2 and Tekken x Street Fighter, but yes a 7th Tekken with a new engine and the whole hoopla would be nice for sure. Untill then TTT and this new SC will have to make do

     
  7. aimbot Says:
  8. Lets see if Ivy can get any more ridiculously naked

     
  9. BeatCrimson Says:
  10. Or if she can get better boobie physics haha

     
  11. Inserction Says:
  12. I just pray to all deities i can think of that it doesnt continue down SC4′s path of SUCK
    Give me my campains back!

     
  13. your mom = secret fighter for the 360 version
    R. Kelly = secret fighter for the ps3 version
    Courage Wolf = boss fight

     
  14. I really hope they have some DECENT guest characters this time. Darth Vader and Yoda was just retarded last time.

    They could add Kratos to the PS3 version like in the PSP one, or maybe another appropriate character.
    Adding the Star Wars characters was a blatant gimmick.

     
  15. aimbot Says:
  16. Well kratos is showing up in the new MK game.
    Not really sure when this game comes out, but Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and the new MK will be out by that time so hopefully they will see what worked and what didnt

     
  17. stubbedout Says:
  18. I love SC! Just please please please bring back the original quest mode and some easy weapon switching in vs mode, playing friends offline becomes much better that way, instead of the whole make a new outfit yaddayaddayahhhh.

     
  19. Soapofdeath Says:
  20. Hopefully this time around, more time will be spent on creating a more fleshed out story mode and additional game modes. 3 and 4 have disappointed me with what I feel to be an overemphasis on random unlockable items for characters to wear.

     
  21. Hakumen Says:
  22. Best news I heard all year! Loce SC and cant wait for the fighting and stuning visuals after seeing the wanders of SC4. Fighting games are coming back strong as of late! BlazBlue, next year is King of Fighters 13 for consoles, then we get Tekken X SF sometime soon and Tekken TT2 and Tekken 7 M vs C seems to be a crap fest but I might get it for Viper and Sheva if they put her in. Hated SF4 was a passion but loved Viper since she seemed SNK in style.

     
  23. SPMANGE Says:
  24. ya since there is no tekken 7 next year. for me new SC will be must buy fighting game in 2011. i dont care about MvC!

     
  25. ArlesWarlock Says:
  26. The soul still burns!

     
  27. I just hope it doesn’t suck like SCIII and IV did. Those games were terrible. The series peaked at SCII. Lets hope they bring that back, along with a non nerfed version of Talim. She was great in SCII

     
  28. Luca Says:
  29. Even if i enjoyed 3 and 4, i know that the best was 2. I was really pissed of at 4. 5 fights and the campaign ends. I praised Soulcaliburs story, but here it just was unsatisfying.
    I really don’t like the tower of lost souls. I think 3 had better side story campaign. Even if the strategy didn’t fit a fighting game, i had fun and most battles ended on a 1 on 1 battle that was fun, and the story was a some what interesting.
    I i liked the customization in 3. You gave characters the look you wanted without having to balance HP, Power and other attributes. And unlocking em was less of a pain in the ass in 3. You could buy stuff on the stores.
    I hope they bring back team battles from 2 and challenges from 3, especially that one fought a uber-nightmare with winds(no ring outs).
    And last. Give us better guest characters. The only good one was Link on the GameCube version. Darth Vader, Starkiller and Yoda weren’t fun. Spawn made no sense, that guy from Tekken had his ass handed to him and there was some guy from the tales series on a wii game. Also, invited characters should have there own stile. The guest characters in SCIV were some other characters with different look.

     
  30. Los Says:
  31. I really don’t understand why people like SC for the story and the damn campaign mode? I think SC4 is the best simply becasue i can play it online against real people. I’m going to assume that, as it often is, some backwards ass fans are clamoring about SC2 while SC4 is actually preferable in almost every way. It’s like with Tekken and the fabled TTT. You just can’t get some people to shut up about it even though 5 and 6 are superior in pretty much every way. I imagine that’s how it is with SC2 as well.

    Still, back to my original point. Who plays fighting games fior the single player bit? That kills it, you are supposed to play fighters with other people!

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets