I know I wasn’t alone in feeling SUPER STOKED about the announcement of the next Elder Scrolls title as Todd Howard and a team of monks took to the stage in Los Angeles during this past weekend’s Spike VGAs. While we do have the debut trailer to watch over and over, we can only dream about how beautiful the project the team at Bethesda is cooking up.
Well, today we get word that details on the game will be revealed in an exclusive cover story featured in Game Informer’s February issue, which ships to subscribers in early January 2011 and can’t come soon enough. I think everyone, including the dev team, is feeling relieved about FINALLY being able to talk about this project.
“It’s exciting finally to announce the game,” said Todd Howard, Game Director on Skyrim. “We’ve been working for many years on Skyrim and the technology behind it. A new Elder Scrolls game has been a long time coming, and we can’t wait to show it off.”
Yeah, it sure has been a long time coming – and I personally can’t wait to learn all about it beginning next month. So, what about you boys and girls? Wanna chime in with your thoughts/expectations for the game? Well, feel free to do so in the comments section below!
I will be checking this site constantly for news on this. I will also be crossing my fingers for totally revamped AI and an all new engine. I love Bethesda but Oblivion was a bit of a let down for me after Morrowind.
hells yes for checking back for news. I can’t wait for it. Jeez holiday 2011 is going to be the shit: TES V, ME 3, Arkam City, Uncharted 3. Thankfully the year will start off with Portal 2 releasing in Feb. Cant wait!
I believe if they have been developing this game for as long as they claim, it will truly be their best Oblivion and outsell the recent Fallout game/s.
Can’t wait i want it now
There is only one Oblivion. The series is called elder scrolls.
i lold