Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki is turning the cliffhanger at the end of Shenmue II into a choose-your-own-ending story with the social game Shenmue Town, but he may still be working on an official third installment.
“I think Shenmue has a substantial image, and lots of preparation is needed to make something substantial,” Suzuki told Famitsu.com. “I want to do [Shenmue] 3 like the previous volumes. There are numerous requests from fans for 3.”
“Numerous requests,” as in thousands of fans signing a petition for the third game.
Shenmue Town is not the Shenmue III fans have been waiting for, and it sounds like Suzuki acknowledges that. With him and Sega “hoping to announce some joint venture soon,” an actual Shenmue III could be right around the corner. Are you eager for some closure with Shenmue III? Let’s hear your woes and hopes in the comments!
There better be cardboard voice overs and QTE’s everywhere or I’m taking my business elsewhere.
YES GIVE ME MY SHENMUE 3 NNNAAWWW please. As long as I can also have it in the japanese rather than the english language when the characters talk, the voice acting did suck a bit haha and japanese voice actors usually sound way better, I dont have a problem with the QTE it evented (you see what I did there?) them tbh they can use it as much as they want!
I just came in my pants guys. ZacharyQuote