"This source not only confirmed that the game is in current production, but also spoke briefly about the content - with fantasy-sounding phrases like Dragon Lord, something with The Blades - and that voice acting for the characters in the game is currently happening in the weeks to follow."
Eurogamer further announced that "The same source confirmed, with official game documents in hand, that this will be the chronological sequel to what happened in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is the latest game in the now 16-years-old Elder Scrolls saga and by itself one of the better RPGs for PC and consoles."
Back in August, Bethesda announced that they had a large amount or staff working on an unannounced game, which is now believed to be ES: V. The continuation of the story from IV is music to my ears, I thought the story was pretty good in Oblivion and I'm happy to see where it goes from there.
Eurogamer
Yes! YES!!! FINALLY! The gods have answered my prayers! We’ll have elder scrolls once more!
To answer your question breifly: I’M STOKED.
Also, I’m hoping it’s in ID Tech 5, go go
I think half the internet nerdgasmed when they read this, or was I the only one?
YEEEEEEAH! I was disappointed when they were making Fallout New Vegas instead of this, but I’m glad they’re coming back to it. I hope they update the engine though, it looked out of date when Fallout 3 was released.
I’m very excited about this. I loved Oblivion and have been waiting for this for quite some time now. I just wish they would use a different engine to create this game with. Their games, although fun, look outdated and are extremely buggy.
OMG! OMG! OMG! THANK YOU JESUS!!!
I think half the internet nerdgasmed when they read this, or was I the only one?
No, sir, you were not the only one. Bethesda owes me new boxers. These news made my day, week even! So stoked. Gotta agree with the majority here, new engine is a must.
It is very likely this game will look more like Rage and less like Oblivion right? right!?
In one of the recent Bethesda podcasts, Todd Howard said the “game he is currently working on” is not running on id Tech 5. He also stated as such, in an interview he did for a European publication, at this year’s Gamescom.
I’m not believing anything until I get 1) screenshots or 2) an official announcement from Bethesda. I’m not simply taking a website’s word for it.
It would be a shame if the mystery game in question is indeed TESV. Don’t get me wrong, I’m chomping at the bit just as hard as any other TES nut, but I’d love to see a TES world displayed in all the glory that is id Tech 5, not in another iteration of the chronically unstable Gamebryo engine.
ya that might be something but still im sure it wont come out untill end of next year.. hope it delivers how much they change on what engine they use.
simce like more and more rpgs are coming next year nice!