After revealing that the Prince of Persia Trilogy HD would release on Blu-ray disc only in Europe, many fans of the series in the States were rightly bummed out. However, in an earnings call this morning, Ubisoft revealed that the games would be available in North America, albeit as individual titles via PSN.
The three titles from the beloved Sands of Time trilogy (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones) will be available on PSN this holiday, but no pricing details were revealed.
Additionally, CEO Yves Guillemot revealed HD remakes of the first three Splinter Cell games, but didn’t elaborate further. These upcoming HD remakes join a high-def version of the classic Beyond Good & Evil, which was previously announced for a 2011 release.
Will you be downloading the Prince’s classic adventures for some HD time-sanding goodness? Let us know in the comments!
via IGN
well that’s good
I would like to see HD remakes of Ace Combat, MGS, ZOE, and if they did a final fantasy or two I would be vary happy!!
I will probably rather buy a retail copy since I live in Europe.
THIS JUST IN: UBISOFT LIKES MONEY.
But…I only have 5gb of free hard drive space on my 80gb PS3. I’d much rather have it on disc. Especially considering I’m the type of gamer who this would be marketed to as I never really bothered with these games back on the PS2, even if I was always somewhat interested in them. Will I want to upgrade my hard drive just for these games? Right now I’m kind of reluctant…
hmmm! no 360 version, me not happy
Bummer fore me. i just bought the trilogi pack a week or two ago on the ps2. I would of wayted if i knew there wil soon be HD upgrades. And i dount know if any one still plays PS2 but the picture quality is bad when the ps2 is conected to a HD TV, but on a SD TV it looks better.
I think that the 360 does not what to have HD remakes by basically calling it a stupid idea and they do not want to be apart of it and it is probably because Sony came up with it first.
I have an even smaller launch console with the 40g drive. I think I’d rather just suck it up with the exchange rate, pay for shipping and import it.
Anyone know if I’d have to create a European account to have the disc boot up on my NA console?
no you don’t have to create an European account to play on NA console.
surely its Unisoft’s decision whether they release it or not, they only need to licence it with microsoft for release