The Latest

I know it's about a week and a half late, but I've finally finished my Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Video Review. It took us a while to create a custom intro, but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Obviously, the more we do these, the better we'll get at commenting and editing them, but I feel like this a good representation of things to come, and a big step forward for VGH. Anyways, check out the video and feel free to leave a comment leaving any suggestions or tips for future reviews. Also, you can subscribe to VGH's YouTube channel here, and as always thanks for reading and watching! 

Posted by Jacob

29 Comments

  1. Nelfer032089 Says:
  2. Awesome review, and awesome video! Great editing a few minor frame stills but other than that awesome review. Might check this game out.

     
  3. SonofCHronoz Says:
  4. I've only played the demo, but it seems like controlling the player is difficult. I'm getting Enslaved Tuesday so i'll see if its any different. Anyone else notice this? Awesome Video Review though!

     
  5. even with alot of negative comments about this game im glad it was make for this one HUGE reason!....

    ..Finaly a post-apoctolytic world that has some life. Gone are typical wastelands and replaced with a world that had moved on...

    I hope future games take a page from Enslaved and start getting creative with post-apocalyptic games. Brilliant Idea that will hopefully surpass the life of this game.

     
  6. I enjoyed the heck out of this game just as I did Heavenly Sword. Sure I noticed graphical glitches once in a while (I have a ps3) but never noticed any audio problems. The entire time I was playing I was constantly reminded of why I like games like this and Uncharted. The game is just gorgeous, easy to play, and the acting was really good. It's true the ending was a little lame but whatever. I think this game was fantastic. I beat it in about 2 days because I couldn't stop playing. That means a lot because I rarely finish games these days because I get bored easily. Great review. More video reviews please!

     
  7. hattjuustin Says:
  8. lame game.

    Great review.

     
  9. Vance009 Says:
  10. Way to spam up the comments like a dumbass bitch.

     
  11. HanzoAdam Says:
  12. I'm enjoying the hell outta this game !

    Accurate Video Review! More of this :)

     
  13. Karaokegod Says:
  14. m also playing this game on the Highest difficulty, which is a great way to test out a games AI. With the high difficulty this game requires a little bit more skill but isnt overwhelming like God of War 3 was on its highest difficulty. I was shocked to see this game receive such sharp criticism, it deserves some props in the appropriate areas. Great review as always, and even better with the video.

     
  15. This is simply ridiculous!!!
    This game can be compared to star wars force unleashed. Except, the story is told in an even worse way. The game is even more buggy! The same problems as force unleashed are also there. The feet of Monkey not even touching the floor!!! Monkey hitting on the opposite direction when there are no enemies there. He will also eventually stop for several seconds because there's a main bug on the combat system.
    It's a game made in a hurry, the goal is to make money after wasting so much!!! It's unbelievable that people would pay for it or even prefer it to another game which took years of developement. It's a Z-class game. It's the worst the video-game industrie can produce.
    I found myself doing the same things over and over again, which not a problem when there are many ways to do it. But here, you always do it the same way.
    It's like a disney game. It's an empty shell.

     
  16. Mazukhan Says:
  17. I beat the game on hard in about 12 hours and must say this game is a very good. Its a futuristic Uncharted. The story, gameplay, and action is way up there and is worth a score of 8-8.5. I will admit that 60 bucks is a little steep for this title at first, but Ninja Theory already confirmed DLC, so the game is well worth it. The combat does have a lot of depth to it. Its not a button masher and when you first start playing (on hard) you are a weak turd, but as the game continues you really see how B.A. Monkey is. You are forced to think on how to handle each attack and the same moves just dont work all the time. If you like great adventure games with a great story and visuals pick this game up. (Great review guys, awesome first time video. Will be expecting more! Keep up to great work.)

     
  18. Joebobx Says:
  19. LOL!! I've seen the ps3 version...
    Ps3 really does suck!!!! HAhahaha!

     
  20. nonexistant Says:
  21. chill game. ninja theory is soooooooo chill. i was pissed when they killed the heavenly sword sequels thanks to shitty reviews from certain websites....

     
  22. omnipotenton Says:
  23. So do you basically just run around and shoot stuff?

     
  24. Venusflywap Says:
  25. Great game, and awesome video review. Great job VGH.

     
  26. dyl1000 Says:
  27. I've played hundreds of games over my 25 years of gaming but this has been one of the most enjoyable.

    It may not have the deepest gameplay mechanics, or the hardest difficulty setting, and no multiplayer, but it is brilliant fun. The characters are amazing. The chemistry between them is spot on. The acting and animation are some of the best I've seen. I wanted to carry on playing just to see what happened to them, and actually cared whether they were in trouble or not.

    It is a huge shame that this doesn't appear to be selling as much as it deserves to, even with advertising on websites and TV.

     
  28. Azzeman Says:
  29. Agreed... New IP, no sequels or numbers after the title.

     
  30. Sadly, the masses will only really be attracted to what has mega-budget advertising, what their friends are playing, what everyone else is playing, what they are already playing (in regards to sequels that may come out), and what looks similar to what they are playing.

    Now, I love the Call of Duty's, Battlefields, et al, but I crave stimulation. I need new experiences, compelling stories, interesting characters and such, and the aforementioned games just don't deliver that in the same way that games like Enslaved, Alan Wake, Mass Effect and the like do. I can't see the appeal of multiplayer other than as a tool for you and your friends to have a little fun, and certainly not as the sole use of a console for hours on end, day in day out. Co-op is excluded, I love a well made co-op experience.

    But I guess it all just boils down to taste. The masses have theirs, I have mine. Sadly the masses tastes' are what stifle and murder creativity in this industry, as they are catered for with uninspired and insipid regurgitation.

     
  31. dyl1000 Says:
  32. I reckon biggruntythirst has summed up my thoughts perfectly. I also need something refreshingly different in some way. Alan Wake was great but yet again didn't do as well as it deserved and other consoles suffer in the same way. DeBlob was brilliant and completely original and yet we continue to be bombarded with clones of the big sellers.

    I am looking forward to CoD: Black Ops, but love to see something original.

     
  33. daniel_Haaf Says:
  34. The best part with Enslaved is that they got the voices perfect. Everytime any of the characters say something you can really hear which kind of situation they are in. Great work!

    Great Review!

     
  35. Solus909 Says:
  36. Yeah, I couldn't have summed it up any better than biggruntythirst. I love my Halo multiplayer, but it's games like Enslaved (and Alan Wake) that really trigger my passion for gaming in general. I wonder if maybe this game was just dwarfed by the Halo Juggernaut, as well as the impending releases of Fallout (at the time) and COD. I know FPS is a monster genre, but I know there's many, many gamers out there who would absolutely love Enslaved but are taking a pass because of the market being swarmed with "AAA" titles.

    Enslaved is well...amazing. I thought the gameplay was solid. The combat was simple, yet brutally satisfying. The platforming and puzzles weren't difficult, but fun and not frustrating. Monkey and Trip might be greatest video game duo ever (Chris and Sheva from RE5 are now second.) Pigsy, who I actually didn't really like at first, became better and funnier as I played through the second time. In this game, I couldn't WAIT to trigger a cutscene to listen to the characters and their dialogue. They're that good. In many other games, cutscenes are contrived, manufactured, poor written, poorly timed, badly looking annoyances that were only good for taking a swig of beer or tea.

     
  37. Ambient1 Says:
  38. I couldn't agree more. Experiences like Enslaved are what keep me coming back years later long after other games have been played and lost their appeal. Ninja Theory and other devs like them are the reason I still love gaming and really I can't praise them enough for their efforts.

     
  39. vietstyls Says:
  40. Variety of focus attacks?

    i know there are four of them so far; one of them is when he jumps in the air and does some crazy flips til he slams his staff on the ground, another is his standard twirl around his body before an overhead, 3rd is his twirl left and right before finishing in the air, and another which i dont know how to do is he spins his whole body completely around a few times before finishing a final spin. anybody else know how to do that last one or another one?

     
  41. Hijokaiden Says:
  42. Do you get another ending if you get all the masks or finish the game on hard?

     
  43. gc88 Says:
  44. Untouchable Achievement Glitch?

    So I have beaten chapter 3 and chapter 1 three times each on normal mode and haven't gotten the achievement yet. Is it just me? This is very disappointing.

    For record I never lose more than half shield. Is it not taking any damage? I thought just health.

     
  45. Emergence13 Says:
  46. I know for a fact that Chapter 1 DOES count. I just got "Untouchable" on it.

     
  47. Fn2000 Says:
  48. Pigsy: It's just that your hand. It's kind of... on my... my peni$.

     
  49. I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't gotten this far but...those dialogue scenes are hilarious!! Especially after you meet a certain character And that one sexual scene was hilarious LOL!! Btw, i gotta say...that Trip is reaaally hotttt lmfao!

     
  50. bluebeezey Says:
  51. Are you referring to this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwohoQzkuNI

     
  52. Anonymous Says:
  53. great video!

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets