The Latest

Microsoft's Fall Xbox Live Arcade line up, aka Game Feast, has been a bit disappointing so far. Hydrophobia was a complete letdown for me, I'm still struggling to find the urge to get back and finish the game, Comic Jumper didn't really catch my eye, and I could care less about Pinball FX 2. However, if there's one game I am excited about, it would have to be Super Meat Boy. The old school, retro vibe the game gives off really caught my eye, and it just looks like a fun, and extremely challenging.

As if I didn't need anymore incentive to buy the game, the developers behind Super Meat Boy, Team Meat, have announced that the game will be launching with a month long sale, lowering the price from $15 - $10, that's 800 MS Points in case you were wondering. The sale will last until late November, awarding those who buy the game early. I know it may not seem like a lot, but for me that's $5 bucks that can go towards another big name title like Fallout: New Vegas, or Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Super Meat Boy comes out tomorrow, 10/20, and I can guarantee you that I'll be downloading it first thing, and will have a review up later on in the week/weekend. As always, thanks for reading guys, and hope you have a fun filled week boosting around in Vanquish or roaming the radiation filled wastelands of New Vegas!

Posted by Jacob

19 Comments

  1. XZI Says:
  2. Can't wait for this one.

     
  3. Kapoi Says:
  4. Wow, that's nice of them. I was hoping to buy it and the Lair of the shadow Broker DLC to get that last part of the 2400 points spent, and now I'll get exactly that. Works out good for me. That's nice of them to do, and somewhat surprising of Microsoft to allow.

     
  5. his, this is a massive marketing blunder. Fortunately the main market for SMB is a small niche market that knows well about what it's buying and will probably know this ahead of time, but damn. This isn't even Marketing 101, this is Homer Simpson looking up 'marketing' on a dictionary.

     
  6. Nemesis958 Says:
  7. I loved the flash game, so I'll buy this on Steam as a matter of principle.

    ...you guys DO know the game has been out for ages as a flash version, right?

     
  8. It will spike up 33% percent, not 50%. It would be 20 dollars if it did...

    NEMESIS958:
    I loved the flash game, so I'll buy this on Steam as a matter of principle.

    ...you guys DO know the game has been out for ages as a flash version, right?

    The flash game is NOT the same as this game. That fact is even right on the Newgrounds page:

    "This is NOT Super Meat Boy!

    Its simply the flash prototype that Super Meat Boy was based off of.
    SMB, will play very differently and is 100% new.. what im saying is if you even slightly enjoy the prototype, you will LOVE SMB!

    for more info on Super Meat Boy check out supermeatboy.com

    -Team Meat"

     
  9. LegiahaRules Says:
  10. Great job, I wonder why they dropped the price. I hope it's not THAT bad.

     
  11. ICYDEATH Says:
  12. I haven't really seen anything about this game, but knowing that it's the main title they are featuring hopefully it's better than the rest of em. Lately, all the games that has been in the fall arcade line up has been dissapointing.

     
  13. PS3MEAT Says:
  14. Is this game gonna come out on PSN ever?

     
  15. Pacario Says:
  16. After spending too much on Xbox Live Arcade for other games (Comic Jumper, Sonic 4, etc.), I was going to wait on this a bit. But at ten dollars, developer Team Meat has successfully forced my hand.

     
  17. Natabu Says:
  18. I'll definately pick this up tomarrow.

     
  19. That's quite expensive for what it is...angry birds anyone?

     
  20. Joebobx Says:
  21. This game isn't angry birds. It's a large, extensive game with a lot of content. I haven't played angry birds myself, but I've seen it and I'm sure super meat boy has had more put into it. Besides, $10 is becoming the low price on xbla. I for one love the already FREE meat boy on newgrounds, so think of that as the free angry birds starter pack and the full version as your expansion.

     
  22. It was too expensive at its original price of $15.00, but at ten bucks, I'd say it's a fair deal.

     
  23. Hateroid Says:
  24. Apple Store Pricing

    This just goes to show how the iPhone AppStore has skewed pricing. Anything over $1 is considered expensive so indie developers don't get proper compensation for their work.

     
  25. Cobranaan Says:
  26. Isn't this illegal? I'm sure things have to be offered at the original price for 28 days before they can go on sale.

     
  27. Epoque Says:
  28. How and why would that be illegal? We'd all be holding up the court system and Amazon would be out of business if it were, seeing as we all like to pre-order our games there and save $5 - 10.

     
  29. @Cobranaan

    I've never heard of that. Maybe it's only in your locale.

     
  30. @Cobraman

    Obviously the developers of Super Meat Boy and Microsoft got together and planned out this promotion for more people to try out the game. I don't see anything illegal about that. Probably unorthodox because it's on such short notice but, if you think about it it's a smart idea. With all the XBLA titles coming out and the winter line-up hitting the shelves too. This is a good way to have people try the game that wouldn't have before...

     
  31. keiserchief Says:
  32. @Cobranaan

    Dude, this isn't the Republic of Retailistan.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets