The Latest

Let's get our beard on!



New releases this week highlighted by EA’s shooter reboot, 5th Cell’s creative sequel; others hitting shelves include Lucha Libre, Borderlands GOTY.

Last week’s new release schedule included post-apocalyptic action, basketball, and vampires, but this week focuses on the Afghan War, a little man named Maxwell, and Mexican wrestling.


Leading the pack this week is Electronic Arts' modern day shooter, Medal of Honor. Hitting the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on Tuesday, the title is a reboot of the 11-year-old Medal of Honor franchise. Fans can expect two distinct experiences with Medal of Honor. Its single-player campaign was created using the Unreal 3 engine and its multiplayer runs on DICE’s Frostbite. The title follows a squad of Tier-1 operators throughout combat scenarios abroad.






Also dropping this week is 5th Cell’s sequel to the highly praised Scribblenauts. Super Scribblenauts comes exclusively to the Nintendo DS on Tuesday and packs in an element not found in its predecessors…adjectives. Now, with the help of this new ability, players will be able to guide protagonist Maxwell in a variety of new ways. What was once just a baseball, can now become a slimy baseball.




For those looking for some mat time, Konami is bringing Lucha Libre: Heroes of the Ring to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this Tuesday. Lucha Libre will feature the league's familiar six-sided ring, as well as a number of international stars, including ex-WCW wrestlers La Parka and Konnan. Other AAA stars that could be included but are not yet confirmed for the game include Octagon, Abismo Negro, Jack Evans, Teddy Hart, and Silver King.



Gamers who’ve yet to try their hand at Gearbox Software’s sci-fi-themed Borderlands, can pick up the Game of the Year Edition this Tuesday on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. The new SKU packs in all previously released downloadable content as well as a token to play the Duke Nukem Forever demo early.


Release dates are based on retailer listings and are subject to change.

MONDAY, OCTOBER 11
Casper’s Scare School: Spooky Sports Day--Wii--SVG Distribution
Deal or No Deal: Special Edition--DS--Zoo Games
G.G. Series: Super Hero Orge--DS--Genterprise
Ivy the Kiwi? Mini--DS--Namco Bandai Games
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1--Wii--Sega
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 12
Alan Wake: The Writer--X360--Microsoft Game Studios
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition--PC, PS3, X360--Take- Two Interactive
Disney Sing It: Party Hits--Wii--Disney Interactive Studios
Dragon’s Lair Trilogy--Wii--Destineer
I love Puppies--DS--Destineer
Invizimals--PSP--SCEA
Jewels of the Tropical Lost Island--DS--City Interactive
Just Dance 2--Wii--Ubisoft
Logic Machines--DS--City Interactive
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes del Ring--X360, PS3--Konami
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals--DS--Natsume
Medal of Honor--PC, PS3, X360--Electronic Arts
My Baby 3 & Friends--DS--Majesco Games
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes--PS3, Wii--Capcom
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1--PS3--Sega
Super Scribblenauts--DS--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Vampire Moon: The Mystery of the Hidden Sun--DS--City Interactive
Who’s That Flying?--PS3--SCEA
ZhuZhu Pets 2: Featuring the Wild Bunch--DS, Wii--Activision
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13
Ninjabee Critic’s Choice Collection--X360--Majesco Entertainment
Pinball FX 2--X360--Microsoft Game Studios
Sesame Street: Elmo’s A-to-Zoo Adventure--Wii--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1--X360--Sega
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 14
DJ Max Portable 3--PSP--PM Studios Inc.
Dynasty Warriors: Online--PC--Aeria Games and Entertainment
Painkiller: Pandemonium--PC--Dreamcatcher
The Guild 2: Renaissance--PC--Dreamcatcher
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15
Solitaire Overload Plus--DS--Telegames, Inc.

Posted by Lance

31 Comments

  1. anakrusi Says:
  2. I'm still unsure about MoH. I'll have to wait and see the VGH review.

     
  3. sexyweapons Says:
  4. cool

     
  5. dagamemnon Says:
  6. FINALLY!! SONIC 4 IS NEAR!!!!

     
  7. realacide Says:
  8. The only game I'm sure I'll get is Sonic 4, everything else will have to wait.

     
  9. Sonic 4 is coming out and they didn't even mention it in the article?!

     
  10. JasonBean7 Says:
  11. MoH maybe, if it gets a good review from VGH
    by the way, when are you posting the review guys?

     
  12. Blufalcon37 Says:
  13. think I'll pass on this week's releases. However I can't wait to take a trip back to the wasteland next week. I'm ready New Vegas, I'm ready.

     
  14. i used to be a fan of Medal of Honor but the new one looks to much like COD so im not getting it

     
  15. Ryuz Says:
  16. @controlfreak25

    " i used to be a fan of Medal of Honor but the new one looks to much like COD so im not getting it."..Uhh, do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? You used to be a fan of MOH, so that means you were a fan when they did WWII. Call of Duty used to be strictly WWII, so in a way the two franchises were ALWAYS like one another.

     
  17. Kennythomas Says:
  18. I have MOH pre-ordered and I can't wait to get play it and I would like to get the borderlands GOTY cause I would get all the dlc and a token to have early access to Duke Nukem Forever demo and Alan wake's dlc

     
  19. The first MoH beta was very disappointing. The latest one earlier this week was of slightly better quality, but it didn't have that final game $60 feel to it. The beta this week should of been the first beta. The latest beta was more of a demo than a beta, and it didn't represent a finished product at all. I think I will hold off on it and see what the reviews are like.

     
  20. sonin360 Says:
  21. Not sure how this game will be... might as well rent it later on to find out.

     
  22. can't wait till i can play the whole campaign and then try out the multiplayer online on the PS3

     
  23. svaubel Says:
  24. Invizimals finally releases in the States!

     
  25. zeifel Says:
  26. since i already have BC2, i think i'll just rent MoH for its singleplayer. the multiplayer seems very similar, and in fact MoH's more inferior, since it doesn't have (full) Destruction 2.0...

     
  27. dipsetboy Says:
  28. nothing of interest at all lol. I'm waiting next month for the sly collection,fist of the north star ken's rage(not everyone's tastes), and gt5. now those are interesting games.

     
  29. athenian89 Says:
  30. A lot of people feel skeptical about the new MoH, but I myself really liked the beta. I can't wait to get it.

     
  31. flamboasting Says:
  32. My brothers got MoH reserved.. I played the p/c beta but i plan on getting for the 360 so ima wait for him to get it then see how it goes on the console.. I thought the p/c beta was good tho

     
  33. rocker6 Says:
  34. Unfortunately,reviews will decide should I buy MoH.But I hope it wont dissapoint. VGH get on it!

     
  35. sifuwarrior Says:
  36. Id prefer a remake of MoH Rising Sun..

     
  37. captainahab Says:
  38. Who knows, this could end up being a hit. Instead of posting some comment describing how I THINK the game will play out, I'll just wait for reviews/pick it up for myself and give it a go.

     
  39. why is sonic 4 coming out on the three consoles on three seperate days? seems unnecessary and just annoying to ps3 owners on the day wii gets it, and annoying to xbox 360 owners because they have to wait two days? whats the point? when devs/publishers do stuff like this its just annoying.

     
  40. @punkdsk8erdude
    Sonic 4 Episode 1 is a download only title being released on different systems, Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony all release digital content on different days of the week.

     
  41. Kweeni Says:
  42. Depending on reviews and stuff I might buy the new MoH.

     
  43. Medal of Honor is going to be Epic of course

     
  44. championship Says:
  45. I kind of want MOH now, it looks sick and while the multiplayer might be like Battlefield a lot and a little bit of MW, that's good cause both games have great aspects to their types of multiplayer.

     
  46. Assasins273 Says:
  47. its a good setup for fps, with medal of honor this month and COD the next!!!!!
    Its good to be a gamer in the months of Oct and Nov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  48. Ozzie234 Says:
  49. I will play MOH, and ditch Black Ops for sure.

     
  50. MoH looks like it has a good single player campaign, but Ive played the beta for the online multiplayer, and it was like CoD with way worse graphics.

     
  51. Blackfray Says:
  52. This month is gonna be crazy : Fable 3, Gothic 4, MOH, COD,Star Wars TFU 2... hopefully i've saved enough for all of them

     
  53. zakkes Says:
  54. Welcome back MoH, and welcome back 2d sonic..this week is like a blast from the past..hell im still playing medal of honor allied assault online, 7 years for another good medal of honor is far too long!

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets