![]() | |
| "Sonic's the name, fail are my games" |
The Good:
First up be dem whacks at Sega, aight I'll stop the now. So Sega has officially announced that they realize their Sonic games suck. Good? Why is this good? Well as Alcoholics Anonymous labeled in its 12 step solution plan, "The first step to rehabilitation is admitting that you have a problem." Sega has been back-calling some of their games in Europe. As Joystiq said:
"Jurgen Post, Sega SVP of EMEA (that's Europe, the Middle East and Africa), told MCV, 'Any Sonic game with an average Metacritic has been de-listed,' continuing, 'We have to do this and increase the value of the brand. This will be very important when more big Sonic releases arrive in the future.'"
The newest Sonic games coming out are Sonic the Hedgehog 4, an episodic reboot of the classic sonic that people actually enjoyed. Sonic Colors, a version on the Wii and DS that is reminiscent of the secret rings and black night, both of which were pretty poor games, yet this game is actually looking to be a solid Sonic game. Finally, Sonic Free riders, a kinect game once again focusing on the skateboarding/snowboarding/air-boarding/whatever the hell it is boarding introduced in Sonic Riders.
Back on topic, any game with a low Metacritic score is being removed from selves in order to, "limit the supply" of these poor games. In addition, Sega is going to try to "strive for 80-percent-plus Metacritic" on all new games.
That's a pretty steep goal to top, I've always loved the blue blurs "Adventure" franchise and I hope Sonic comes back to be a franchise of notable worth, cause Sega sure as hell needs a good name to it's company again.
The Bad:
I will first and foremost disclaim that I have not played this game, yet I'm reporting the "popular opinion." From my expert sources (Being what Lance and the entire Internet has said) Medal of Honor sucks. As of right now, Medal of Honor is hovering at a collective average of 75 for 360, PS3, and PC. It's kinda sad, I was hoping for a game to kick Bobby Kotick's COD series right in the nuts. The game has been cited as having an incredibly short campaign with many frame-rate issues while the multiplayer still has these same issues and feels like a red headed step-child of MW2.
The Fugly:
![]() |
| Roflcopter |
Hope yall enjoyed, check out the forums and please comment below, until next time.




Oh man when they start doing those REDBOX video game rentals, the redboxes themseleves will sell out of games.
I really cannot wait for the Sonic Game! I tried the demo today, and it was pretty kickin'.
I cannot wait for the new Sonic game. Even though it's not one of the best selling franchise for the holiday season this year, it's still Sonic. I hope sega doesn't fuck it up. Medal of Honor on the other hand, I have heard so much shit about, I hope it doesn't fuck EA up even though they already are fucked up. And man, Red Box renting games now? I sure as hell hope not. I don't need mob surrounding my Red box Kiosk.
That red box, is just retarded. Whats next? Rent a console for 1$ a day?
Nope, they have Rent a Center for that.