Namco Bandai wraps up development on Move-compatible on-rails shooter for PlayStation 3, release set for October 19.
Namco Bandai's next Time Crisis game is officially locked and loaded. The publisher today announced that Time Crisis: Razing Storm for the PlayStation 3 has gone gold and will arrive in stores October 19.
The latest installment in the on-rails light gun franchise won't actually require a light gun, as Razing Storm is fully compatible with the just-released PlayStation Move motion controller. Purists who prefer using a light gun will still be able to, as Namco Bandai has also made the game compatible with the Guncon 3 controller, originally released in 2007 with the PS3 edition of Time Crisis 4.
Razing Storm's storyline follows a special task force that has been sent to South America in an effort to take out the mastermind behind a plot to topple the United States. In addition to Arcade mode, which pits players against waves of enemies, Razing Storm will include a free-roaming Story mode. The mode lets players hunt down the villainous cabal through destructible environments, using cover and the new auto-look function.
Namco Bandai's latest shooter will also introduce an online multiplayer component to the franchise. Up to eight players will be able to engage in both cooperative and competitive modes in Online Battle. Notably, the publisher is incentivizing the purchase of Razing Storm by packing in the arcade editions of 2007's Time Crisis 4 and the just-released Deadstorm Pirates.
Just know that whatever comes out way, our Golden Guns will get us through. (Even if our Golden guns look like a freakin' ROCKET LAUNCHER YEAHH!!!)
I like Time Crisis in arcades but it's just not the same at home. You don't have a weighted gun with recoil, you don't have the foot pedal and you don't have the possibility of someone else watching you play and jumping in.
I love light gun games, after the last disappointment I'm hoping this one is good.
I will get Move just for this
it's just hard to line up shots correctly but it's still fun to play (especially that part in the demo when your surrounded by a crowd of enemies and you can just go insane with that machine gun ). I hope this gets pretty popular.
I still haven't gotten Time Crisis 4 for the PS3. Glad this one still supports the GunCon 3 controller. I'm going to have to get this games since it include TC4, plus another bonus game in Deadstorm Pirates. I could care less about Move support for these games. I played the TC4 demo awhile back and it was a lot of fun. The only thing bad about these games is the replay value, but with online support, that should increase the longevity of these games. Will stop and preorder this today.
Only bad thing I see with playing the game with the MOVE is the control cursor is all over the place. Looks like it's very hard to line up shots accurately. Either that, or the guy playing the game just sucked really bad.
"...Razing Storm will include a free-roaming Story mode..."
Wouldn't there be a contradiction of the term "free-roaming" if the game happens to be strictly an on-rails shoot-'em-up?
i loved this game back in the 90s all i did was hang around the arcades & play this with my brother. they better have 2 player co-op in the story mode
The PlayStation Move compatibility should prove a lot better than the Guncon 3, which I thought was a letdown with all those gimmicky, unnecessary gadgets. Motion controls mean there will be no further need for actual light gun peripherals.
You know how you hear older gamers talk about pouring quarters into Pacman? Time Crisis was my Pacman. I used to love going to the mall as a kid so I could run over to the arcade and play this game until my mom forced me to leave. I never got one of the console games, but I might just break that trend and get this. It might even make me get Move!
played the demo and it was horrible. Move optimization was bad also. It doesn't calibrate right. I was disappointed. =(
I remember the days when I would cut classes back in HS just to go to the mall's arcade and play this game..
miss on rails shooters. havent played one since the house of the dead for the dreamcast. ill be buying this next year when i get move when this game is 20 bucks.
like that it comes with the arcade version of Time Crisis 4. That game is so addicting but I never have enough money to beat it
lol OMG it looks horrible, the dudes come running out waving their weapons overhead like a duck shoot... i hope the MOVE is not nearly so laggy looking as this depicts, if so it's a step backwards from old light gun games like RE Dead Aim. Those games let you aim like a real gun straight down the sites, so if you calibrated it right you got the feeling of actual accurate shooting minus the recoil of course. I hate the lame bonking aiming reticle, it makes the games look like sloppy controlled poo poo, it is a step back from light guns for this game at least. Looks stupid.
They should come up with someting to make move feel like a gun for this game cus right now move controller would feel like im pointing a wand towards the screen and shouting Avada Kedavra to make em dead they can even put in a green bolt effect on screen to make it realistic.
@MightyWings remember when kevin butler made that commercial and he said "pew pew pew!" makes you wonder what he thinks gamers will do while playing this game? "bang bang bang!" HA!