The Latest

Recently I downloaded the FIFA '11 demo from the Xbox Live marketplace, and after playing quite a few games and exploring everything this demo has to offer, I could not be more excited for this year's juggernaut that has every opportunity to sweep the sports video game awards.



The very first thing that you notice is how real the game plays. Everything from how players fought with the ball, to over/under passing, I felt like I had more control over my players, meaning it would be a game that could be mastered, or a game to completely fail at. Patience and time will tell which one is more dominant across the world, but I expect the level of skill to be the same as it has been in the past, ranging from really bad, to Godly.

Every aspect of the gameplay has been improved and pending an Xbox Live test run, this game could boast the most realistic gameplay the world has ever seen. It feels incredibly balanced, like discipline and decision making will matter more than overall player talent, something I have been longing for in a FIFA game.

There were other things on the demo that caught my attention. The addition of "match highlights" was something that I really love. In the past I would score jaw dropping goals in online matches, and would have no way of ever watching them again. With the Match Highlights, the game automatically saves big plays in the game, so that you can view them all after the game. What's best? You can save these to a highlight book, and upload them at EASportsWorld.com for all the world to see.

FIFA '11 will also allow you to edit your stadium chants and sounds, so that you can hear you name ring through the stadium when you score a goal, or have the stadium speakers play a certain song during half-time, since the demo did not allow me to use this feature, that will have to wait until the full game to give my opinion on this, but my initial reaction is that this will be very cool. FIFA '11 will also include custom soundtracks, however the FIFA soundtracks are usually very good compared to her EA Sports sisters, so changing it will be up to the gamer.

After only a couple hours of playing six minute games, this demo has confirmed my wildest dreams, that FIFA '11 is out to conquer sports gaming, and based on what the demo has showed me, and even what it hasn't showed me, this game has all the tools to be something great.

Posted by David

15 Comments

  1. FifanFan Says:
  2. Dude this game, looks so awesome. Fifa has yet to dissapoint, unlike other EA sport games so I am looking forward to this one.

     
  3. Mkilliaz Says:
  4. FIFA 11 Player Line Up:

    Talent Nationality Team
    KAKA Brazilian Real Madrid
    WAYNE ROONEY English Manchester United
    PETR CECH Czech Chelsea
    KARIM BENZEMA French Real Madrid
    HUGO LLORIS French Olympique Lyonnais
    MESUT OEZIL German Real Madrid
    RENE ADLER German Bayer Leverkusen
    GIORGIO CHIELLINI Italian Juventus
    ANDRES INIESTA Spanish FC Barcelona
    TIM CAHILL Australian Everton
    BALASZ DZSUDZSAK Hungarian PSV Eindhoven
    RICARDO CARVALHO Portuguese Real Madrid
    SERGEI SEMAK Russian Zenit St. Petersburg
    VALENTIN STOCKER Swiss FC Basel
    CARLOS VELA Mexican Arsenal
    LANDON DONOVAN American LA Galaxy
    JAKUB BLASZCZYKOWSKI Polish Borussia Dortmund

     
  5. Koospetoors Says:
  6. PES 11? or FIFA 11? David you got any opinions regarding the two?

     
  7. Toronto Says:
  8. Weird, but I can't see PES 2011 on my xbox live marketplace....I see nba 2k11..fifa 11 etc new releases but not pes 11. Anyhow have the same issue. I keep reading that its out already for download.

     
  9. David Says:
  10. Koospetoors:

    I've only played demos for PES, but I was not a very big fan of the controls and the gameplay didn't feel right.

    I have always and will always be a FIFA man, and after playing this demo, for the right reasons.

     
  11. BMCARCHANGEL Says:
  12. I agree with David, I downloaded both on my ps3 nd i got to admit fifa 11 seem to be alot better than pes 2011

     
  13. Broxo Says:
  14. pro evolution is far superior

     
  15. hahahahaha yeah right its crap lol

     
  16. Fifa11fan Says:
  17. i prefer fifa 11 mainly because the A.I sometimes slips on the penalties and i find it slightly funny and it brings back good memories of moscow '08 lol and also the goalkeeper arena mode keeps me amused for about 30-45 minutes

     
  18. Matt Says:
  19. I tried Fifa 11 and PES 11 and i really like the changes in FIFA normally they barely change anythinng, this one is different and i don't care FIFA 11 Demo looked and felt better then PES 11.

     
  20. Shaqz Says:
  21. Its so good i dont even care that my favorite team aint sponsored in it...its all about the gameplay. Its balanced out perfectly. Even the way u defend needs skillnand takes time to learn. u cant jus run in an tackle and expect to win the ball. U got to time ur runz and take the ball from the player jus like in real life. Fifa just proved that its a game based on fiction, in real football u have a certain pace. U can use pace to pass the ball and dribble or wateva. But fifa its like theres no life there, it has some good features for a game tho, but not for football fans apart from sponsors lol

    good game, but not for the hardcore. Fifa is more for the casual gamer. Pro is for the "football fan"

     
  22. The Project Says:
  23. u are clearly an idiot how u can think pes is better than fifa is beyond me. like how fifa will have yet another award for best sports game this year :)

     
  24. @ Shaqz

    Then explain how FIFA's better than PES....if awards is you're explanation then you've clearly never played PES

     
  25. Toddy Lingus Says:
  26. Pro evo 2011 all the way. Fifa for me has not changed at all. With pro you have to actually aim and weight your pass otherwise its going to go out or be intercepted. Also I prefer its trick system over Fifa's.

     
  27. David Says:
  28. I did notice that passing was MUCH harder in PES, it took much more skill. However, that doesn't mean you can't do the same in FIFA, especially in FIFA '11, the ball mechanics are superb.

    The trick system is far more enjoyable in PES, and pretty much useless in FIFA unless you know them by heart and each exact situation to use them.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets