The Latest

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West has slowly become one of my more anticipated games of this year. The story looks intriguing, the characters appear to have a good bit of depth to them, and the gameplay looks like it could be a lot of fun. It seems like Ninja Theory may have learned a thing or two from their previous outing, Heavenly Sword. The only thing that's been keeping me back was not being able to play the game. Well, the wait is finally over, because the Enslaved demo has finally been released over Xbox Live. I'll finally be able to try my hand at controlling Monkey and Trip throughout Ninja Theory's re-envisioning of a lush, robot infested, post-apocalytpic world. The demo is currently downloading as I write this, so if you have 1.12 GB of hard drive space, and want to find out just what all the fuss is about, go ahead and download the demo. I'll be sure to let you guys know what I think, whether it be another article, or in the next podcast.


Also, I'd love to hear what you guys thought about the demo. I know it came out on the PS3 last week, so if you've already played it, what did you think? Is it worth checking out, or is this a game that may turn out to be a "wait for a drop in price" thing. I'm hoping the demo will re-affirm my beliefs that this will be a unique, character driven, action-adventure experience that provides a different taste of gameplay in a fall line-up that is filled with First Person Shooters.


You can also join us over at the VGH Forums by clicking here or at the top of the page, and engage in even more Enslaved discussion. As always, thanks for reading and checking out the site, and stayed tuned for more Enslaved coverage at VGH.

Posted by Jacob

4 Comments

  1. Pjoyce1983 Says:
  2. played the Demo on PS3 and I was pretty dissapointed really. There was alot of Screen Tearing and the controls felt clunky at times. I was really looking forward to this game but now I’m not to sure.

     
  3. TezChi Says:
  4. That’s interesting, I’ve played it numerous times and had no issues with screen tearing…I hope this doesn’t turn out to be one of those which affects some and not others. What type of TV are you using?

     
  5. Mecko Says:
  6. The game had a few issues regarding control for me, but I think it reminded me a little bit of Uncharted meets Rachet and Clank almost. It was pretty good, VGH should try the demo and write us what you guys think.

     
  7. @Mecko,

    What have you been smokin.

     

Post a Comment

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Comic will be up soon!


Thumb Us!

Henchmen Cast


Community

INTERACT

The Industry Tweets