It's finally here. The moment all of you Red Dead Redemption fans have been waiting for. The debut trailer for RDR's Undead Nightmare DLC has been released to the public, check it out below!
Two words, Zombie Bears. Rockstar has now fulfilled the one wish I had for the Undead Nightmare DLC. I can now hunt Zombie Bears in, what is quite possibly, my favorite open world game, and what's even better, is that I can hunt them with my friends. My life is now complete, or at least it will be, once this DLC is released.
There still isn't any set release date for the Undead Nightmare DLC, but given that it's zombies and October is just around the conrner, I'm gonna guess that we'll be seeing this either on, or around Halloween, it's just a guess. Either way, I cannot wait to get my hands on this new expansion, and while most people are probably looking forward to jumping into Free Roam, I'm actually more interested to see what Rockstar has cooking in the single player department. It'll be interesting to see how John Marston, Bonnie, and all the other characters in the Red Dead universe go about handling a zombie apocalypse, and should provide for some very interesting and terrifying situations.
I'll be following the Undead Nightmare DLC up until its release, so I'll make sure to keep you posted once a release date is announced. Until then, thanks for reading, and don't forget to join the forums, if you haven't already, or if you really want to keep up to date, you can even follow us on Facebook and Twitter over to the right.

I feel like they are overracting the whole zombie thing a bit. I mean it's cool and all but so what you know. Is this a way of Rockstar trying to rival DeadRising 2 or something?
@Kat
Why are you such a dumbass. Rockstar long announced the whole Zombie thing since the game came out. Plus, it's just a DLC it won't last more than 5+ hours.
Is there a pricing VGH?
@Joebama
The pricing is $9.99 or 800 MS Points. I believe I said it in one of the previous articles, but I probably should've put it in this one as well. Sorry for the confusion.
Sweet! Zombies make everything better!!
RDR + zombies = awesome!
Whoa! Looks way better than i thought it would!
Crazy tite! cant wait for this dlc!
What's with developers and zombies anyway? Too many zombies invading too many titles. Yakuza, Red Dead, etc.
lovely, knifing a zombie bear.
Awesome! can't wait.
Nice, the multiplayer in RDR fails hard for me so keep singleplayer dlc coming R*
k, I love zombies. LOVE THEM. But isn't this a bit much? Is ever game going to have zombie DLC now? Nintendogs next, maybe?
looks amazing! didnt buy the other dlc but buying this one
Make money money....
Some people are tired of zombies
To be honest zombie killing never gets old unless the environment doesnt feel right
but HOLY CRAP ZOMBIE BEAR?
And what if we are already done the game? John Marston is whats shown here so yeah
- LOL, never seen zombies in the wild west, so that's kinda cool, and zombies never get old -
The problem with people getting tired of zombies is because of the huge amount of bad stuff!! But there are great game titles and movies! It's like watching sports, it's always the same sport, but always happen something awesome!!!
Pedobear,lol
LOL! more zombies.
oh man, this generation and the next are going to be remembered for motion controls and zombies.
Wonder how they will do this. I don't want to get interupted by a army of zombies when i just roam around outside of any mission, so i hope they add a new location
Haven't you heard? All games must have zombies or they're no good.
now thats a kickass dlc should be bought. cant wait for it.
Now I have no need to buy dead rising 2. Haha. Cant wait to see the co-op on this baby. Wonder how many zombies they can get on screen at once?
HOLY $HIT!!! WAS THAT A ZOMBIE BEAR AT THE END!!!!????
I'M SOLD!!!!!!!
I MUST HAVE BRAINS!!!
Classy trailer. Great music. Loved the homages to Night Of Living Dead with shots of zombies coming over a hill.
Damn VGH, when did you guys get so big-time! Congratz.
Crazy!! can't wait for this
So they're tying a single player story in to this?
WTF an undead Bear.
Is every game now into zombies?
or is it because of Halloween
Wow where don't zombies show up?, but to be honest I rather play dead rising 2. Don't get me wrong RDR is a great game, but zombies? no thanks no where are my spiked mma gloves?
Can't wait but SOPILER* how is John in the game ?
Old West zombie apocalipse?
Hell Yeah!!!! Rockstar should make a game based on "Dawn of the Dead," as did "The Warriors", one of the few adaptations that were good games. Rockstar should talk about it with the master of masters: George Andrew Romero.
If you already finished the game, does daddy become a zombie too?
Well this was rather unexpected...
Well i haven't bought the games yet but when a GOTY edition comes out with this DLC i will be getting this.!!!!!!!
The Old West setting makes it extra creepy.. Nothing but plains full of zombies, ohhhriiight.
Looks incredible, best idea ever for a DLC!!!!!! more games should be like this one.
Undead wild west? Brilliant!
first day purchase for me! looks very well put together!
i dont like it,i`m big fan of horror game but this is a legend west story not resident evil,bah
hmm zombies...real original.
this game is about to have more dlc than gtaiv, and its only been out for almost five months. not to mention there are more planned in the future...happy milking rockstar
AN EFFING ZOMBIE BEAR?! THOSE THINGS ARE ALREADY REDICULOUS!!!
for those of you that don't like it don't freakin play! This DLC freakin awesome. Rockstar has outdone themselves.
DLC is optional you numpties!
I agree @ZERO7741 whiny panzys and haters everywhere man. Rockstar runs it plain and simple. Zombies in the west? Very unique and original and who gets tired of zombies??? I'm tired of corny, mainstream looking vampires n werewolves in worthless movies, but i dont go on a website and complain about it like i'm gonna make something happen ha ha. Nobody appreciates the effort put into Rockstar's games man.
Anyone thinking of not buying RDR just because of this DLC........Fair enough its your loss. You will be missing out on an exceptional game.
Yay! :)
OMG YES!!!! Me and my buddy were just talking about how terrifying it would be to be running through tall trees being chased by the undead! SOLLLDD!
Eeewww Gross!
@ zero7741 You watch a 56 second trailer and Rockstar has outdone themselves? I don't have a problem with the zombies or anything but I don't see how you can get all that from a 56 second trailer.
lol I bet this takes place in one of John Marston's nightmares
zombies + Red Dead = GOOD TIMES!!
i hadnt played red dead since i beat the game but now i probably wont be able to put it down!! ZOMBIES FTW!
Zombies in a western? Dumb.
OMG this is gonna be epic. I dunno why they never thought about this for GTA. That still would be an awesome add on. I would re-buy that game just for that as I'm sure many others would too. *****There's a chance to make some more bank Rockstar..Just think about it!******
Zombie Bear = Win! lol this'll be fun. XD!
This looks pretty cool, albeit zombies do get a bit of over-exposure. In my opinion, there should be zombie games where you must barricade a house to protect yourself from zombies. It should be sandbox-style, and you could scout for stuff during the day. Maybe not enough for a retail game, but at least an XBLA/PSN game. If you've played Zombie Panic!, like that, but 3rd person and a bit more involved.
Should put zombies in the Twilight series. Only then would I have the patience to watch a bunch of angry teenagers playing vampires. Good vampire movies nowadays just 30 days of Night, From Dusk till Dawn and John Carpenter's Vampires. The rest is crap.
@Morpheus9950 that game would be so cool and as an unlockable extra u can be the zombies trying to get into the house
RadicalToenail
Posted Sep 30, 2010 12:14 pm PT
@Morpheus9950
Take a look at Fort Zombie. I know it's on Direct2Drive, but it could be elsewhere. You actually do exactly what you described. Barricade a building with stuff, scavenge during the day...it's pretty low-budge, but fun as hell (in my opinion). If you appreciate a game for more than how it looks then you should like it. It's still going through updates, so if you get it and think it's too buggy just wait. And the forums for it are pretty active with the devs.
Gameplay trailer for Fort Zombie:
youtube.com/watch?v=jkzVSucG5kY
And zombies don't get enough exposure...need more zombie games.
Lol, good thinking, zombies makes every game better, cod5, halo 3, half life, house of the dead
Anything with Zombies get 2 thumbs up from me.
agree, zombies kick butt... this is an awesome idea!
but honestly this is a CHEAP TRICK... a mean cheap trick.. let see how many suckers fall for this,....
p.s. how much have u spent on this game so far in total???
OMG ZOMBIES AGAIN! Whats Next Nazi Cowboys? SMH! Video Games Now Ah Days Lack Creativity
This. Looks. Awesome.
RDR was a serious, gritty and realistic game, with a lifelike protagonist and an intelligent look at life in those times. Putting zombies in it just cheapens the whole thing, even if you don't download the DLC.
I made the mistake of letting a friend borrow my copy of RDR after I finished it. I'm regretting it now... this looks awesome!
um wtf, talk about jumping on a bandwagon
Looks like I'll have another reason to brush the dust off the ol Henry Repeater lol
It just seems like a stupid rip off of something that's already been done (nazi zombies). Plus, where do zombies fit into red dead?!
gotta love the haters. but remember one thing, Rockstar never EVER disappoints.
Nazi Zombies ala Wild West anyone?
Seems like a cheap way to earn money. Horde after horde of undead gunslingers and wildlife, while sitting their at a ranch. Fun...(sarcasm)
can't go wrong with zombies
I hope you get to kill the undead corpse of John Marston
This looks good but don't think it goes well with what the main story was about.
thats awesome. people are just hating on DLC they dont even have to purchase.
"cheapens the game" -what a load of bull, get off your high horse and play games to enjoy them not complain about them.
There seems to be a predisposition to develop zombie add-ons for every newly released game, presumably in an attempt to accrue more revenue. While such content may tread a fine line between augmenting the original gameplay or veering off into anachronism, I actually find this news quite intriguing. Especially if the 'zombification' extends to the wildlife of RDR.
Smarter than the average bear?
dead rising+red dead redemption=?
People, may I remind you that the so-called ''Zombies'' prefer the name of Undead, or if you are talking about the ones who like to turn humans in their species, Infected. Or maybe you mean a Shadow, a Stalker, a Mutant, a Controlled One, Uprisen, Reborn, Revenge Takers, Ghosts, Lifeless Bodies or Prisoner. So please people, don't say Zombie. That makes you a racist.
Looks like good times to me...I don't know what so many people are complaining about, if you don't like zombies that much, and/or prefer the awesome realism of the basic game, then obviously don't buy this, it's not that big of a deal.
this is how dlc should be used not like other games where the game hasn't come out yet and we have dlc.
DLC is to add content to the game not to sell it in parts
This is really the only DLC (along with Fallout 3) that I support.. because its clear that the initial RDR package had PLENTY to offer (maybe a couple of gang hideouts were held back, but they don't hold back anywhere near as much as in other games).
There's nothing I really hate more than buying a game, only to see no one playing it a year later. I don't have A.D.D like most people do today, and I like concentrating on enjoying one thing over a long period of time, more so than playing something new yet lackluster every couple of months. These DLC packs just give you more to do, and prolongs the lifespan of the game, which is a good thing if you ask me.
To me, its clear that Rockstar knows how to use DLC and have found the fine balance between giving fans what they want while not screwing them over, and making a reasonable profit.
oh hells yeah this looks awesome. some may think zombies are all too common in videogames, but f@#k it they're fun. Left for dead 1&2, Call of Duty World at War zombie mode, and now this. I'm going to be up for many nights. Time to nut up or shut up!!!! and remember rule number 23 enjoy the little things.
I think Seth should be the "leader" of these zombies lol.
ooks like a blast ;P
I don't even like COD but Nazi Zombies was awesome so this will prolly be awesome to
The untold formula: Adding zombies to anything makes that thing better.
Me likey :O
im getting kinda sick of this zombie hype... and it really seems out of place with rdr...
@RO-nin187 Agreed...
Totally out of place, but as long as it's just a mode and not some bizarre plot in the game...why the hell not? Video games are supposed to be fun, right?
3 words: Zombie.....Frickin'....Bears!
NOOOO i traded RDR in already for another game, this DLC looks so cool hat to do what to do
sounds like a cod:waw rip-off
I know zombies are kind of everywhere in games now, but it might hold some promising gameplay and fun. And for the people complaining, it's not like you're forced to buy the DLC, you can simply go about your day.
looks pretty kick ass.
For some reason this seems to fit really well with the wild west setting. Anyways I wonder why the huge fascination with zombies in general, even dating wayyyy... back. I havnt played RDR in quite a while, been hooked on BC2, but I think Ill give this a go.
Zombies in games will never get old. Period
Originality is overrated, this is definitely something to keep my eye on.
totally takes away from able to imagine this game as realistic.
I could have sworn people would have been more positive with there comments. I think this is an awesome idea. I mean c'mon guys, everybody is enjoying this game, it's Oct now, they're just getting festive with it. I hope they do something for the rest of the holidays as well, makes it feel like they really do care about extending the life of our games and also giving us a a new and sometimes comical perspective on a soon to be classic.