For all you trivia fans out there, today is a sad day. Microsoft has announced that 1 vs 100 for the Xbox Live will not be returning. Instead, according to Microsoft, the designers are "focusing their skills and applying the technology used to develop '1 vs 100' to new projects that will be unveiled in the future." Can anyone say crappy Kinect games?
I was pretty shocked and bummed that 1 vs 100 won't be returning. Not only did it seem like a lot of people participated in the game, but I had a really fun time competing against not only my friends but my family as well. My brothers and parents would sit down and it was almost like we were watching a game show, except we were sort of in it.
If Microsoft really is trying to get the family centered around the Xbox this is a great way to do it. It was free, you could win prizes and it was a lot of fun. Now, it looks like we may be getting some kind of Kinect game show which won't sell nearly as well as Microsoft is hoping. I think Microsoft dropped the ball with this one and should've kept 1 vs 100 going. What do you guys think?
Source - [Kotaku]
I was pretty shocked and bummed that 1 vs 100 won't be returning. Not only did it seem like a lot of people participated in the game, but I had a really fun time competing against not only my friends but my family as well. My brothers and parents would sit down and it was almost like we were watching a game show, except we were sort of in it.
If Microsoft really is trying to get the family centered around the Xbox this is a great way to do it. It was free, you could win prizes and it was a lot of fun. Now, it looks like we may be getting some kind of Kinect game show which won't sell nearly as well as Microsoft is hoping. I think Microsoft dropped the ball with this one and should've kept 1 vs 100 going. What do you guys think?
Source - [Kotaku]

And it's not like they weren't making money. I specifically remember pretty long commercials at half time and throughout the entire game.
Never really did like that game, but I was never really into trivia but it was also one of the good things in having Xbox Live because if you are bored then it gives you something to do.